Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sumpod Adventures - Part 4

Edit: not relevant anymore. I was mistaken. BAUDRATE is defined, but it's in one of the included files, configuration.h. I searched for 'BAUDRATE', but since it's not in the main sketch it returned no results. I guess I should have looked at the rest of the inlcuded files first to see that BAUDRATE is set to 115200.

Richard uploaded the Sumpod firmware last night. I uploaded it to my Aruino Mega and tried to connect to it with RepSnapper, but I got nothing. I also tried a few other programs, also to no avail. I started looking through the firmware, and found that the Serial.begin() command referenced 'BAUDRATE', but it was not declared anywhere. After changing it to 19200 (RepSnapper's default baud rate) everything was working great. I don't have anything hooked up to the RAMPS board yet, so I can't test anything more, but the board does respond as it should.

Just for clarification, it is line 202 in the firmware.

void setup()
{
Serial.begin(BAUDRATE); <<<<<<------- This is the line that needs to be changed.



void setup()
{
Serial.begin(19200); <<<<<<-------- This is what it should be.



If this doesn't make sense or it should be something different, please let me know.

1 comment:

jamesd said...

Hi Mikemaat,

Is your jumpwiki site coming back?

Official Sumpod site is locked again, looking for some help building my Sumpod basic.

Anyone have any links?

I could probably figure most of it out, but it would be a real help.