Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sumpod Adventures - Part 2

I've now painted all the parts, and started assembly. It's definitely been an adventure. For those who don't know, spray painting MDF isn't fun. I went though an entire can of primer on two parts before I gave up and just brushed on some Kilz paint. After that dried, the spray paint worked great :)
I went with an orange and white color scheme. My wife calls it a creamsicle :) I only painted the outer pieces orange, and left the inside white as was suggested on the Sumpod forums. It should allow me to more easily see what's going on inside. It's also a matte finish on the inside, which I'm hoping will help with glare in videos.
I did learn an important lesson after painting. That is, I should have tested the fit on every piece before I painted them. There were quite a few places where there wasn't enough clearance and I had to sand to make parts fit. Luckily most of it is in places that aren't visible once assembled.

No comments: